Economic and Industrial History
The image above shows Florence Mine, Egremont, which was the last working iron mine in Cumbria (indeed said to be the last working iron mine in Europe), until it closed in 2007.
- Lime Kilns in Westmorland, by David Johnson (1.47 MB)
- Pounds & Pinfolds of Cumbria, by Nigel Mills (859.76 KB)
- The Industries and Economy of Cumbria by Eric Apperley (523.3 KB)
- Leisure and Tourism by Eric Apperley (622.79 KB)
- The Administration of Cumbria by Eric Apperley (489.68 KB)
- Disasters in Cumbria 1900 onwards by Eric Apperley (272.7 KB)