Township in Heversham parish, Kendal ward, Westmorland.
667 acres [270 ha].
rising from 102 in 1801 to 156 in 1831; falling to 117 in 1881 and rising again to 195 in 2001.
part of manor of Burton-in-Kendal (q.v.) until 14th century. Passed to Strickland family by 1426 and seems to have descended with Sizergh thereafter (see Helsington).
Places of worship:
Schools and other institutions: