Township in Brigham parish, Allerdale above Derwent ward, Cumberland. CP enlarged by absorbing Mosser and Whinfell CPs 1934.
1,261 acres [504 ha]; 1,000 acres [405 ha] of commons in Eaglesfield manor, which included those in Blindbothel township, enclosed 1815.
82 in 1801 rising to 128 in 1851, then declining to 64 in 1931 (last census year before boundary changes).
part of Eaglesfield, one of Five Towns of honour of Cockermouth (q.v.). Consisted of small freehold estates by 16th century.
Places of worship:
Schools and other institutions:
Paddle School, on former common land allotted at enclosure for establishment of school; now Eaglesfield CE Primary Academy.