Township in Stapleton parish, Eskdale ward, Cumberland (not to be confused with Bellbank township in Bewcastle parish (q.v.), which did not become a separate CP). Absorbed into Stapleton CP 1934.
1,446 acres [585 ha]. Population: fluctuating around 120-130 in first half of 19th century; then declining to 62 in 1931 (last census year for which separate figure available).
manorial status unclear; divided into small units of landownership by 19th century.
largely agricultural; limekilns on banks of White Lyne and lead mine near Dodgsonstown in 1860s.
Places of worship: