Township in Kendal parish, Kendal ward, Westmorland.
1,373 acres [556 ha]. Lambrigg and Docker Fells (c.641 acres [259 ha]) enclosed 1886.
rising from 65 in 1801 to peak of 95 in 1831, then falling to lie in range 50-70 for most of 20th century; 55 in 2001.
granted by William de Lancaster to St Leonard’s hospital, York, for grazing horses. After Dissolution granted to Richard Washington, who conveyed it to Duckets of Grayrigg, who sold it 1690 to Lowthers.
Places of worship: